14th entry

This is the fourth module, Video Editing Skill. By looking at the sample module given by Pn.Foziah, it is not a very tough task as it does not look so thick like Module 1 and 2. She has only given us two weeks to complete the whole task, including the extra tutorial at the back of the module. The extra module requires a pair work, which is a video by using Windows Movie Maker or other video editing softwares. She wanted us to choose a theme for the video, must make sure it is personalized and localized. Then, the video must be firstly drafted in a storyboard, so that it looks organized and the process of making the video is clearly shown. I and my partner decided to create a video about pollution and of course we have included ourselves in the video. After we have chosen the pictures to be put in the storyboard, we have to do the transition effects as well. The motive of using transition is to show the different slides and settings of the video. Each transition must be adjusted properly and decently, so that it looks fluid and nice to be seen.
In my pair, I have chosen a video entitled mother nature with the theme of pollution. This video has been uploaded to Youtube. The description of the video has been clearly stated on You Tube, and the link of the video is given below:-

There were several tutorial tasks that have captured my interest in this module as well:-
(i)Extracting pictures from video - This tutorial task is very useful for me as a teacher to create teaching materials in the ESL classroom. To me who is a video admirer, I would like to appreciate the nature of video. I like extracting pictures from the video, which are for the educational purpose. When extracting pictures from video, there will be conversion of format files as well, for example from mp4 or wmv into mpeg,png, etc.
(ii)Extract audio files from video - This tutorial task is very useful for me as a teacher to create educational songs for the pupils in the classroom. Some videos that contain some nursery rhymes, or children songs are suitable to be extracted and played in the classroom when carrying out activities. When extracting song files from the video, there will be conversion of format files as well, for example from mp4 or wmv into mp3, wma, etc.
(iii)Upload video in You tube - This tutorial task has taught me on how to upload a particular video in You Tube. Honestly speaking, I have never own an account in You tube and uploaded any video on You tube as well. After looking at this tutorial, I have realized the steps of uploading video in You tube and that really amuses me.

No comments: